About IU East
Indiana University East offers you all the advantages of an Indiana University education. IU East provides its students the opportunity to earn a prestigious IU degree that is respected throughout Indiana, the nation, and the world. As part of the Indiana University system, IU East provides all the services and opportunities of a large university combined with the advantages and atmosphere of a small college.
At IU East, students are our number one focus.
IU East is the region’s leader in baccalaureate and master’s degree programs, offering over 50 academic programs. Our expert faculty empowers their students to go beyond the textbook and expand their horizons. Students have the opportunity to conduct independent research and creative projects or to work directly with our expert faculty.
Outside of the classroom, IU East provides real-life experiences before heading out into their career of choice. From state to nationwide internship opportunities to an award-winning service-learning program, students will have an experience that will inspire, grow and educate them individually. IU East offers students the option to study abroad; a thriving campus life program with organizations, clubs, and events; and all the academic and career support services to help you succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Affordable. Exciting. Thriving.
IU – focused on YOU.
IU East’s Mission Statement
Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana University, offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio, and beyond a broad range of bachelor’s degrees and selected master’s degrees and certificates through its traditional main campus in Richmond, off-campus sites, and online program options.
IU East challenges students to grow intellectually and personally in a supportive and scholarly environment where faculty teaching skills and participation in the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and artistic work enhance learning opportunities for all.
IU East values a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty, staff, and students and in its contributions to the cultural and economic development of the communities it serves.
At a Glance
- Average class size of 20 students
- Financial aid totaling nearly $23 million per year
- Located adjacent to Interstate-70, less than 10 miles from the Ohio border
- We offer over 50 programs, more than 800 courses, and degrees ranging from certificates to master's degrees
- Over 5,000 graduates in our alumni network, in fields ranging from business and law to health care and education
Student Body Profile
- 4,052 Undergraduate students, 134 graduate students
- 53 percent full time, 47 percent part time
- 87 full-time faculty, 117 part-time faculty
- 19:1 student-faculty ratio
- 20 students per class on average
- 67 percent female, 33 percent male
- Over 50 areas of study
- 35 states and 68 Indiana counties represented
- 12 NAIA intercollegiate sports
- 528,000+ IU graduates worldwide
Indiana University East is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500 Chicago, IL 60604-1411; 1-800-621-7440.