Reduced Tuition for Midwest Residents
Live out of state, but still want to be a Red Wolf? Save on out-of-state tuition through the Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP). Through this program, out-of-state tuition costs are capped at 150% of the in-state tuition rate. So what does that really mean?
Available to residents of:
- North Dakota
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for the MSEP award?
You don't! There is no application process for the MSEP award. If you live in one of the participating states, you automatically qualify for the award upon admission to IU East.
How to apply:
Which majors at IU East participate in the MSEP?
All undergraduate baccalaureate programs and certificate programs are included, with the exception of online degree programs.
Who is eligible for the MSEP award?
To be eligible for the MSEP award, you must reside in one of the participating states and be admitted to IU East as an undergraduate degree-seeking student. This includes full- and part-time undergraduate students, transfer students, second degree students, and returning adult students.
How do I appeal my eligibility?
If you believe you are eligible for the MSEP award but you did not receive it, you can file an appeal with the Office of the Registrar.
Who is not eligible for the MSEP award?
- Students enrolled in an online degree program
- Non-degree seeking students
- Students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
- Non-resident who is eligible to receive in-state tuition
Are any costs excluded from the MSEP award?
- Mandatory fees and program fees are not reduced by the MSEP award.
What about summer and online courses?
- Online courses taken as part of your on-campus degree program are included.
- Summer courses taken on the IU East campus are also included.