Our students are from diverse backgrounds yet share common goals to further their education. Determining admission to IU East requires consideration for the following criteria and standards.
- High School Curriculum: Recent high school graduates from Indiana are expected to earn an Indiana Core 40, Core 40 with Academic Honors or Core 40 with Technical Honors Diploma.
- Out-of-state students are expected to complete a minimum of 28 semesters of college prep courses that include:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Social Science (History, Government, Economics, Psychology, or Sociology)
- 3 years of Math (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II)
- 3 years of Lab Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Physics)
- 4 years of additional college prep courses which include additional Math, Lab Science, Social Science, Computer Science, Foreign Language, or other college-prep courses
- Recent high school graduates should rank in the upper half of their graduating class.
- Students applying directly from high school are required to take the SAT or ACT. SAT or ACT scores may also be required for admission to a specific program. IU East school codes for reporting SAT and ACT scores to IU East are:
- SAT - 1194
- ACT - 1216
- SAT or ACT scores should meet or exceed the Indiana median scores
- The Writing portion of the ACT test is required
- Graduation from a commissioned Indiana high school or comparable out-of-state institution. We review applications from students with above average scores on the General Educational Development Test (GED).