I can't believe I almost forgot to mention the most important event of this semester (ok, not really) but still a very huge accomplishment in its self. It is The Ohio State Buckeyes, my beloved football team, going a perfect 12-0 this year! We should be heading to a national championship game against Notre Dame (a game I would have loved to watch), buuuut due to some people whose names we won't mention, we will have to wait until next year to win our national championship.
Don't feel bad though Hoosiers, your basketball team is still one ahead of my Dukies at #1 in the nation......for nowNo Comments
Well Thanksgiving break has come and come I had a much needed mini vacation to my parents and family's houses and ate enough to last me until next year. I think I'm still feeling the effects of my turkey coma that I was in all week. Hope everyone got a chance to get away for a while and spend some time with their loved ones. I know that coming back to school after a week off can kind of be a bear, but just remember the end is in sight! Only a few more weeks until the semester is over so we just have to finish strong here! I really can't believe that I'm this close to being done with my SENIOR year of college here at IUE. Really is crazy how fast time flies.
Also, I wanted to give a shout out to fellow blogger Lauren and the rest of the IUE girls volleyball team as they play in nationals this week! I heard that they won a national award for sportsmanship while they were there too. Makes me feel proud that I'm a part of a school that's winning on and off the court.No Comments
Oh, and did I mention we got to dress up?! And actually look like females for once! It was weird seeing everyone's hair down, make up on, heels, and all. I was pretty impressed. Even Charlie, Londa, and Kyle clean up nicely!
At the banquet, there were a couple of photo booths! That is where most of us spent the majority of our time! Each booth was equipped with fun and funky hats to wear and be playful with.
To make the night even better, we were rewarded in front of the WHOLE ENTIRE ROOM! We had absolutely no idea this was coming...and man were we shocked! We were given the CHAMPIONS OFCHARACTER team award. This award is no joke! We were picked out of every single team in the nation! Now that says A LOT about who we are and where we come from! GO IU EAST/RICHMOND, INDIANA. You're welcome!1 Comment
We've been in Iowa a little over a full 24 hours. We left little 'ol Richmond at 8am and arrived at our hotel around 9:30pm. It was a very LOOOOOOONG drive. We watched 4 movies! ANYWAYS, since we have been here, we have done so much already.
We made a music video for the BANQUET OF CHAMPIONS that is Monday evening. The theme was CANDYLAND. So we acted out a little skit, shook a leg and called it quits! I spent the remainder of my night putting the video together!
Today we got to practice where we will be playing for the remainder of the tournament (the TYSON EVENT CENTER). It is extremely nice...and very bright. It's a huge arena with three courts in the middle. The center is right across the street from where we are staying, so we've been walking everywhere!
Tonight we ended our day with a kid's camp! We ran a volleyball clinic for local 7th graders. It was so awesome! We got to teach them every aspect of volleyball. I can't even remember being that small...it's crazy! But they were very attentive and eager to learn. I buddyed up with a few of the girls; it feels good to share my love and passion for the game.
Tomorrow will be a SUPER BUSY day. We start the day off by helping out with the SPECIAL OLYMPICS that are at the Tyson Event Center. Then we get to practice one more time before the big game on Tuesday. After practice we'll eat! Then later on, we will get to be spoiled once again and dine with CHAMPIONS! At the dinner is where the mash-up of all the team's music videos will be played.
Here is ours!
Happy Wednesday! I realize I have been quite horrible in regards to my blogly duties, as of late, but these past few weeks were absolutely insane and I've only just been able to catch my breath and put my head on straight. And considering Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I thought this blog would be an appropriate platform to publicly acknowledge all that I am thankful for and all that I have to be thankful for, even amidst the chaos that seems to be never-ending.
1) I am thankful that I am home this year for the holiday. Last year I celebrated the actual Thursday with a 3-hour dance team practice and an egg sandwich.
2) I am thankful for my health and the health of my family, that we are able to spend the holiday together.
3) I am thankful I have a wonderful, warm place to call home.
4) I am thankful for my parents. I feel like I am now able to fully grasp all that they have done and continue to do for me. Studying genetics this term has shown me truly how miraculous it is to create a human being and I am blessed to have a genome produced by two of the best people I know.
5) I am thankful for IUE and everything they have given me over the years.
6) I am thankful for my friends who genuinely support me in everything I do.
7) I am thankful for my sister who I would absolutely volunteer for if a Hunger Games were to ever arise in the US.
8) I am thankful for my English experience last year and all of the wonderful, unforgettable people I was able to meet.
9) I am thankful for Beyoncé and her fierceness. (I felt my thanks to Beyoncé was obligatory and yours to her should be, too.)
10) Finally, I am thankful for this week-long break in which I will do nothing but watch Bridget Jones’s Diary and catch-up on the mind-numbing amount of assignments I have to complete.
I hope you all have a WONDERFUL holiday and I will be sure to catch-up on all the blogging weeks I have missed (you’re so excited about that, aren’t you?). Till next time-
Kels xx1 Comment
But i will be at the movie theater getting ready to watch the last part of Twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Read More