Academy for Cultivating Talent
The Academy will rigouously engage participants in moving to the next level of development in three areas: personal, professional, and civic engagement.
Academy participants will develop the skills necessary to strengthen their ability to influence, strengthen their personal and professional networks, and establish a mentor relationship with an individual at an earlier stage of career development and/or civic engagement.
The Academy will be an intensive development experience, and will include the following research-based program components:
- Full-day sessions will bring participants together for learning and networking. Sessions will focus on personal development, professional development, and community engagement. Senior-level speakers/role models will be brought in to lead these sessions.
- Individualized coaching driven by research-based assessment instruments will be used to identify gaps and strengths and, from those, each participant will craft a unique development plan.
- A structured mentor development process will be established that includes opportunities to both be mentored and to mentor. The process will provide the skill development and frameworks necessary for participants to establish their own “board of advisors” while also learning how to mentor others effectively.
- Field visits to businesses and networks in nearby urban markets.
- Based on personal passion, participants will study a community issue, initiative, or not-for-profit organization through the lens of using philanthropy as a vehicle for social change.
How to Apply
Fill out the application by August 15, 2012 and either:
- email application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or;
- mail application to:
Dr. Fredricka F. Joyner
Director, IU East Center for Leadership Developmnet
IU East School of Business and Economics
2325 Chester Blvd.
Richmond IN 473
Program Year Schedule
Note that all sessions are in the Community Room of Whitewater Hall
- September 25, 2012 from 5:30-9:00 pm
- September 26, 2012 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- October 30, 2012 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- November 15, 2012 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- December 12, 2012 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- January 15, 2013 from 5:30 – 9:00 pm
- January 16, 2013 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- February 20, 2013 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- March 13, 2013 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- April 17, 2013 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- May 14, 2013 from 5:30 – 9:00 pm
- May 15, 2013 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
For more information, contact Dr. Fredricka Joyner at 765-973-8412 or email@example.com.