- Oncourse CL Quick Start: For Students (PDF) - Learn to use Oncourse for your course work.
- Oncourse CL Quick Start: For Instructors (PDF) - Learn to support your courses.
- The least you need to know (PDF) - Get simple, basic step-by-step instructions.
- In-depth materials (PDF) - Get more guidance for common teaching tasks and tools through these 40-60 page documents.
Oncourse Feature Demonstrations
2-4 minute videos for student and instructors
General overview of course and project sites.
- Request a practice course or project site from Oncourse CL (with audio)
- Customize tabs (with audio)
- Reorder tools for a site (with audio)
- View photos of site participants in roster tool
Inform site participants of current items of interest.
Create, distribute, collect, and grade online assignments.
- Create assignments
- Download multiple student assignments
- Grade an assignment
- Submit an assignment (with audio)
- Communicate to students about assignments
- Check the grade for an assignment
- Download assignment grades to a spreadsheet
Post items in calendar format.
Chat online with participants in your site.
Submit documents to be seen only by the instructor.
Keep track of course or project site email correspondence.
Manage an electronic portfolio of your coursework.
Communicate through discussion forum topics.
- Create a discussion forum and topic
- Compose a forum message
- Read and reply to a forum message
- Grade a forum message
- Change default forum settings
- Reorder forums and topics
- View forum statistics
- View scores by group
- Change grade type (with audio)
- View cumulative scores
- Add an item to the Gradebook (with audio)
- Add items in bulk
- Edit a Gradebook item
- Hide course grade
- Remove assignment from calculated grade
- Import grades from a spreadsheet
Communicate using internal course mail.
Use RSS to add dynamic news to your site.
Original Test & Survey
Administer test and gather survey information.
Create, store, and distribute multimedia content to site participants via an RSS feed.
Upload a comma delimited (CSV) spreadsheet to present feedback to site participants. (CSV files can be exported from Excel spreadsheets).
- Upload an Excel spreadsheet of grades
- Upload multiple files to Post'Em
- Check participant access to feedback
- View feedback
Control how often you are notified of course or project site activity.
Make any kind of material available online.
- Post a file (with audio)
- Use drag and drop for My Workspace (with audio)
- Use drag and drop for a course site (with audio)
- Reorder Resources
Maintain course or project site settings.
Post and maintain your official course outline.
- Add item to syllabus
- Edit the syllabus
- Redirect the syllabus to a Word file
- Add an attachment to a syllabus
Choose external web sites to display within your worksite.
Create and update wiki pages