Specialized Credential in Online Instruction and Assessment
- » School of Education
- » Specialized Credential in Online Instruction and Assessment
Program Completion Requirements
Sequence of Coursework
- Each course may be completed in 8 weeks and the entire credential in 1-2 semesters.
- For those desiring to complete the course in either the one or two semesters, the following options apply.
- Single Semester Option:
- First 8 weeks of semester
- Second 8 weeks of semester
- Two Semester Option
- First semester
- Second semester
- Students may enroll in the first two courses and the final two courses simultaneously.
- If a student chooses the single-semester option, they are responsible for completing all cousework for a given class prior to starting the next class.
- If a student chooses the two-semester or longer option, it is highly recommended that they complete the first course listed before they can begin the second course (i.e. R 505 must be completed before P 507 begins).
- It is recommended that all required coursework for the credential be completed within two years of acceptance.
- Every course will be offered during the fall and spring academic semesters.
- The credential is open to students who hold a BA, BS, MA or MS degree from an accredited college or university.
Retention Requirements and Completion
- Students must complete the 12 credit hours of courses listed from IU East in order to complete the credential program.
- Students are required to obtain a grade of B- or better for all courses used in the credential.