Reading/Study Skills Resources
All IU East students who wish to improve their reading and/or test taking skills are encouraged to contact Reading Specialist, Lee Ann Adams, in the School of Education, Tom Raper Hall 327. Reading/test taking assistance is free to IU East students.
Reading assistance includes meeting with the Reading Specialist to:
- Identify areas where improvement is needed
- Learn comprehension strategies and how to apply them to college textbook reading
- Develop an individualized reading improvement plan
- Improve test taking skills, study skills, and critical-thinking skills
- Practice application of needed skills to develop confidence
Study Skills Resources
The following websites provide academic resources on a variety of student success topics.
- Academic Skills Center at Darthmouth College
- Study Guides and Strategies
- Study Skills Guides for College Students
- Plan for College
- Study Techniques, Memory Techniques, College Study Skills
- College Student Study Tips
- Note-taking Tips
EDUC-X 165, Advanced Reading: Improving Comprehension, is offered each semester for students who wish to improve their reading skills. For individualized reading assistance, call Lee Ann Adams, Reading Specialist, 765-973-8359.