Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online or on paper as soon after January 1 as possible.
The Indiana Commission for Higher Education deadline is March 10, 2015; your FAFSA must be received by the federal processor by this date to be eligible for state grants, such as the O'Bannon Grant or 21st Century Scholars.
- Review your SAR (Student Aid Report), which will be sent to you by the FAFSA federal processor as an online link or on paper by mail.
- Changes should be made as soon as possible; in order to be eligible for Indiana state grants for the 2015-2016 academic year, changes must be submitted and rejects must be cleared by May 25, 2015.
Review Your Financial Aid Award Notification
- Check your mail (for prospective freshmen) or your e-mail (for all upperclass undergraduate and graduate students) for your Financial Aid Award Notification.
- If you don't receive a Financial Aid Award Notification, you may not be meeting all financial aid eligibility factors, and may have some necessary paperwork to complete.
Complete Necessary Paperwork
- Check your OneStart Financial Aid "To-Do List" to view any necessary paperwork such as Verification, or an Academic Progress appeal.
- Return this paperwork as soon as possible; your aid will be on hold until these forms are returned and processed.