Financial Aid & Scholarships


Special Circumstances Appeal

Special Circumstances Appeal may be used to increase a student's cost of attendance due to special expenses, or reduce a student's Expected Family Contribution due to a loss of income or other benefits. Changes made through a Special Conditions Form may or may not increase a student's aid eligibility.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal

Students who have been denied aid due to unsatisfactory academic progress must appeal and be approved in order to receive financial aid (including private and PLUS loans). Please note that this form is not currently compatible with MACs.

Appeals are granted one academic year at a time and should be submitted as such. For example if you have been denied for Summer 2012 and Fall 2012, this spans two different aid years and requires two separate appeals from the student.

Request for Dependency Status Override

Dependent students seeking independent status as a result of an irretrievable breakdown or other extenuating circumstances must appeal. This form details the documentation that must be provided in order to appeal.

Request Information