To receive most types of financial aid at Indiana University East, a student must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED;
- Be a US citizen or eligible noncitizen;
- Have a valid Social Security Number;
- Register with Selective Service, if required;
- Not be in default or owe an overpayment on previous federal aid or have borrowed over student loan limits;
- Not have had federal aid suspended due to a drug conviction;
- Be admitted to an IU East degree or teacher's certificate program;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP); and
- Be working at least half time towards a degree
Additionally, each aid program has its own eligibility requirements, such as financial need or state of residency.
Holds on Aid
Students should be aware that items appearing on their One, Self-Service “To Do List” (e.g., SAP, verification, citizenship verification, etc.) can prevent them from receiving financial aid. If a student has any questions about what they must do in order to complete the items of their “ To Do List,” they should contact our office.