How to be King or Queen
Want to be Homecoming King or Queen?
- Nominations: Have all your friends nominate you. The 6 females and 6 males with the most unique nominations will move on to the next round. Nomination open: Monday, Oct 12th – Wednesday, October 21st (closes at 5pm). The 6 females and 6 males with the most unique nominations will be contacted after the nomination period ends. Pictures and bio information for all 12 candidates will then be collected posted on the Homecoming website (www.iue.edu/homecoming).
- Voting for Court: Students, staff, and faculty can vote for one King candidate and one Queen candidate. Voting open: Monday, Oct 26th – Friday, Oct 30th (closes at 5pm)
- Court Announced: The 3 Queen candidates and 3 King candidates who receive the most votes will be announced on Monday, Nov 2nd during Monday Madness and given Homecoming Court sashes. All 12 court candidates must be present.
King and Queen selection: Interviews with the Homecoming Court will be conducted Tuesday, Nov 3rd & Wed, Nov 4th. The Selection Committee will select the King and Queen based upon the interview and also take into consideration the number of votes.
- King and Queen Crowning: The 2014 Homecoming King and Queen will be crowned during bonfire on Thursday, Nov 5th. All 6 Queen and King candidates must be present.
Homecoming events that the Court Candidates & Queen and King candidates (Court) are expected to attend:
- All 12 court candidates must attend Monday Madness on Mon, Nov 2nd
- Court (6 students) will participate in Homecoming Parade Mon, Nov 2nd evening
- Court will be introduced during the Women's Bball game half-time on Tues, Nov 3rd
- Court will be introduced and King & Queen will be crowned during the bonfire on Thur, Nov 5th
Information regarding Rules for Campaigning can be found on the Rules for Promoting Yourself page.