How to be King or Queen
Want to be Homecoming King or Queen?
- Nominations: Have all your friends nominate you. The 6 females and 6 males with the most unique nominations will move on to the next round. Nomination open: Monday, Oct 10th – Wednesday, October 19th (closes at 5pm). The 6 females and 6 males with the most unique nominations will be contacted after the nomination period ends. Pictures and bio information for all 12 candidates will then be collected posted on the Homecoming website (www.iue.edu/homecoming).
- Voting for Court: Students, staff, and faculty can vote for one King candidate and one Queen candidate. Voting open: Monday, Oct 24th – Friday, Oct 28th (closes at 5pm)
- Court Announced: The 3 Queen candidates and 3 King candidates who receive the most votes will be announced on Monday, Oct 31st during the Homecoming Men's Basketball Game and given Homecoming Court sashes. All 12 court candidates must be present.
- King and Queen Crowning: The 2016 Homecoming King and Queen will be crowned during bonfire on Thursday, Nov 3rd. All 6 Queen and King candidates must be present.
Homecoming events that the Court Candidates & Queen and King candidates (Court) are expected to attend:
- All 12 court candidates must attend the basketball game on Mon, Oct 31st
- Court will be announced during the Men's Bball game half-time on Mon, Oct 31st
- Court will be introduced and King & Queen will be crowned during the bonfire on Thur, Nov 3rd
Information regarding Rules for Campaigning can be found on the Rules for Promoting Yourself page.