Head Cashier - The Den
Position Type: Part Time Hourly
Date Posted: 9/19/2017
Location: Richmond, IN
IU East At A Glance
Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana University, offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio, and beyond a broad range of bachelor's degrees and selected master's degrees and certificates through its traditional main campus in Richmond, off-campus sites, and online program options. IU East values a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty, staff, and students and in its contributions to the cultural and economic development of the communities it serves. Learn more about IU East.
Indiana University East, Richmond, IN, invites applications for a part-time cashier to work approximately 27-32 hours per week in the food service area that is a fast-paced environment. Hours are typically daytime. Duties include working with the food service director to maintain outstanding customer service, process sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, along with safeguarding company assets. Ideal applicants must be dependable, have a strong work ethic, and have good time-management and customer service skills. This position requires a criminal history background check. #LI-POST
This is a part-time position without benefits; the rate of pay will be $10.15-$11.15 per hour.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Accurately and efficiently operate POS (cash register) system within the established company guidelines.
- Accurately balance cash drawers
- Dependability, a strong work ethic, and good customer service skills are required.
- Strong time-management skills; flexibility while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate all food preparation equipment in a safe manner.
- Wash and clean equipment and preparation areas while maintaining the highest possible standards of sanitation is needed.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Work in team environment and perform work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other related work, as assigned.
- Ability to pass a criminal history background check is required.
Interested applicants should submit an application form in-person, available in the Human Resources Office, located in Whitewater Hall at Indiana University East. For. A criminal history background check is required for hire. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.