Minor in Communication Studies
Minor Requirements (18 cr)
- CMCL-C122 Interpersonal Communication (3 cr)
- CMCL-C205 Introduction to Communication and Culture (3 cr)
- Students will take any two of the following courses at the 200-300 level (6 cr):
- CMCL-C225 Discussion & Decision Making
- CMCL-C304 Communication & Social Conflict
- CMCL-C307 Health Communication
- CMCL-C315 Advertising and Consumer Culture
- CMCL-C334 Current Topics in Communication
- CMCL-C337 New Media
- CMCL-C380 Nonverbal Communication
- TEL-T206 Intro to Design and Production
- TEL-T283 Introduction to Production Techniques & Practices
- JOUR-J210 Visual Communication
- JOUR-J219 Introduction to Public Relations
- SPCH-S303 Propaganda and Persuasion
- SPCH-S323 Speech Composition
- SPCH-S333 Public Relations
- Any 200 or 300 level CMCL, SPCH, TEL, or JOUR course not listed above and approved by your advisor may also count towards fulfilling this requirement.
- Students will take two additional courses at the 400 level:
- Any 400 level CMCL, SPCH, TEL, or JOUR course not listed above and approved by your advisor may also count towards fulfilling this requirement.
You should consult with Communication Studies faculty in constructing your minor program.