B.A. in Fine Arts (120 cr)
- You must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (C) on 4.0 scale. A course taken to fulfill requirements of the major must be completed with a grade of C or better, and the grade point average for all courses in the major must be C (2.0) or better.
- A minimum of 36 credits must be in courses at the 300 and 400 levels, with at least half of those in English.
- You must complete a minimum of 30 credits at Indiana University East, and at least 15 credits in the major must be completed at Indiana University East.
General Education (39 cr)
Composition & Communication (9)
- ENG-W 131 Elementary Composition I
- Choose one secondary composition course:
- Choose one communications course:
College-level Mathematics (3)
Natural Science & Mathematics (9)
- Choose one Natural Science with lab:
Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Astronomy, Biology, Physical Geography
- Choose enough additional Natural Science or Mathematics courses to complete 9 credits
(M123 may not be used for this requirement)
- Choose 9 credits from at least 2 of the following disciplines:
History, Philosophy, Religious Studies, English, Theater, Music, World Language & Culture, Telecommunications.
Social Sciences (9)
- Choose 9 credits from:
Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Political Science, Social Geography (G110 or higher), Criminal Justice
Additional Requirements (3-19 cr)
First-Year Seminar (0-2)
Students entering the program with less than 12 credit hours of transferable credit are required to complete the First Year Seminar (UCOL-U 101).
Information Literacy (3)
CSCI-A110 Introduction to Computers & Computing (or equivalent)
World Languages & Cultures (0-14)
This requirement may be met by our World Language courses in one of the following ways:
- Four courses in sequence in a single non-English language
- Three non-English language courses (with at least two in sequence) and one culture course taught in English
- Two courses in sequence in two different non-English languages (totaling 4 courses)
- Two courses in seqeuence in one non-English language and two culture courses taught in English.
Concentration Requirements (45 cr)
Of the required 45 credits, 18 must be at the 300 level or higher.
- Choose 12 credits 1 in Art History / Art Appreciation (FINA-A)
- Choose 9 credits in Fundamental Studio Course at the 100 level (FINA-F)
- Choose 6 credits in Studio courses (200 level) (FINA-S)
- Choose 15 credits in Studio courses (300 level) (FINA-S)
- Capstone (3)
No more than 9 hours at the 100 level, a maximum of 3 hours can be taken in art appreciation. 1
Choose additional courses to reach 120 credit hours total.