B.A. in Fine Arts (120 cr)
General Education Requirements (30 cr)
Recommended General Education Coursework:
Remaining General Education Requirements can be fulfilled as you and your advisor see fit.
First-Year Seminar (0-2 cr)
A passing grade is required in the First Year Seminar course. This course is mandatory for all beginning freshmen and for transfer students with no more than 12 credit hours of transferring coursework. This course must be taken in the first semester after admission to Indiana University East.
World Languages & Cultures (0-14 cr)
This requirement may be met by our World Language courses in one of the following ways:
- Completing Intermediate II (fourth semester) of a non-English language
- Completing a 300-400 level course in a non-English language, or an approved study abroad course that meets this language requirement
- Receiving credit for non-English language courses via placement exam for Intermediate II (fourth semester)
Information Literacy (3 cr)
- CSCI-A110 Introduction to Computers & Computing (or equivalent)
Degree Requirements (45 cr)
A minimum of 36 credit hours must be taken at the 300 level or above, with at least 18 in the major.
- Choose 12 credits* in Art History / Art Appreciation (FINA-A)
*No more than 9 hours at the 100 level, a maximum of 3 hours can be taken in art appreciation.
- Choose 9 credits in Fundamental Studio Course at the 100 level (FINA-F)
- Choose 6 credits of Studio courses at the 200 level (FINA-S)
- Choose 15 credits in Studio courses at the 300 level (FINA-S)
- Complete FINA-S400 Senior Capstone (3 credits)
Choose additional courses to reach 120 credit hours total.
A grade of C (2.0) or above is necessary in all English composition courses required for a degree. Students must complete ENG W131 or the equivalent within the first 25 credit hours for which they are enrolled. Students must also complete a second writing course with a C (2.0) or above within the first 50 credit hours for which they are enrolled. This course should prepare students for writing research papers and include at least one method of widely accepted documentation and instruct students in library research skills. All students must complete a culminating writing experience in their major.
General Grade Requirement
No course with a grade below 2.0 ( C ) will be accepted in the major/concentration area.
A passing grade is required in all other courses. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (C) is required for all courses taken toward a degree.
Required Credit Hours
For a bachelor degree a minimum of 30 hours at the 200 level or above must be completed at Indiana University East. At least 15 hours in the field of concentration must be completed at Indiana University East.