Help Desk Consultants
Help Desk consultants provide technical assistance over the phone to IUE faculty, students and staff. They also serve as the backup for Welcome Center consultants. Help desk consultants are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. The available hours are Monday - Friday 8 am - 7 pm.
- Respond to questions in a thorough, careful, efficient manner, using proper spelling and grammar and a kind, helpful tone.
- Refer all unresolved problems to an appropriate specialist.
- Develop and maintain awareness of the IT organizational and technical environment, including hardware, software, publications, and user concerns.
- Document all incoming requests into Footprints Incident Tracking System, maintain correct, detail, and up to date information.
- Participate in required training and meetings. Continuously develop technical, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, along with the ability to interact courteously with the entire university community at all levels of technical and organizational sophistication
- Demonstrated problem-solving and diagnostic ability
- Familiarity with a variety of software applications in common use at IU East
- Motivation and confidence to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Help desk consultants are paid $7.25 per hour. Indiana University part-time hourly employees are paid on an hourly, bi-weekly basis, with no remission of academic fees and no commitment to continuous employment.