Print and Copy Management Service (IU Print)
UITS at IU East provides services to all printers and copiers on the campus. All printing and copying is managed through IU Print, the university wide print management system. Student semester allotments are given after students register for classes and will be applied no later than 2 business days before the start of the semester. The allotment is calculated based on the number of credit hours a student is enrolled in for a particular semester.
- Student allotments can be used for both printing and copying.
- Printing in any of the Student Technology Centers (student labs) and all copying requires the use of your Wolf Card.
- Students can purchase additional printing allotment at the Bursar's office in the event that they exceed their semester allotment. Additional allotments must be purchased in $1.00 increments. Students may also purchase additional print credits at http://print.iu.edu/Home/Allotment via PayPal (with a PayPal account or the guest check-out option) or a charge to your bursar account (if currently enrolled in classes). Select your campus, and log in.
- Unused semester allotments, up to $12.00 per semester, will be rolled-over during the academic year (fall semester to fall semester). At the start of each academic year, page counts will be reset. This does not include any additional allotment purchased by the student. Any additional allotment purchased by the student remains on the student account until depleted.
- No refund will be given at the end of summer semester for unused allotments.
- For the 2016-2017 academic year, each full-time student will receive $26.00 worth of print allotment. Part-time students will receive allotments corresponding to their credit hours; 1-3 credits will receive $6.50 and 4-6 credits will receive $13.00 worth of print allotment.
- A single page standard letter size black and white printout will cost $0.04, while a two-sided black and white printout will cost $0.07.
- A single page standard letter size color printout will cost $0.25, while a two-sided color printout will cost $0.49.
- The allotment balance can be checked by logging into any STC computer and clicking the "Check My Print Quota" icon. It can also be checked by opening up a web browser and entering the address http://print.iu.edu/Quota
- Students may still make copies using the coin-operated copy machine located in the Campus Library. Each copy made using this method costs $0.10 per black and white page. Copies may also be made in Whitewater Hall Rm 280 & Hayes Hall Rm 115 (Information Commons). Copies made in these locations will be deducted from the student allotment at the normal printing rates.
- You can print from cell phones, tablets, and laptops by attaching a document to an email message and sending it to a designated print address. Then, from any student print release station, swipe your Wolf card and release your document. For black prints, email document to email@example.com and for color, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more?
Visit our Print & Copy Management Frequently Asked Questions
Send your comments to
Information Technology Services