RN to BSN in Nursing
The Indiana University East RN to Mobility option provides an opportunity for registered nurses with an associate degree or diploma in nursing to advance their career through increased knowledge and practice. A bachelor's degree will prepare you for leadership roles in the workplace, provide you with career flexibility, and prepare you for grduate study and advanced practice roles.
Get the convenience and flexibility of a private institution without the cost. You can complete your bachelor's degree in as little as two years dedicating only one night per week to nursing classes. You will build on the knowledge you have already mastered. The IU East program covers advanced concepts such as research, critical thinking, community health and leadership. And the best part is you will receive credit for previous nursing courses as well as general education courses.
- Special credit awarded for previous nursing course work with no time constraints for previously completed courses.
- After completing required transition courses, 35 credits will be added to your transcripts at no cost.
- Statewide articulation agreements with IvyTech Community College of Indiana.
- Project-based clinical and advanced concepts not covered in ASN or diploma in nursing programs.
- NURS-B 231 Communication for Health Care Professionals*
- NURS-B 244 Comprehensive Health Assessment
- NURS-B 304 Professional Nursing Seminar I: Health Policy
- NURS-B 404 Professional Nursing Seminar II: Informatics
- NURS-H 365 Nursing Research
- NURS-S 474 Applied Healthcare Ethics
- NURS-S 475 A Multisystem Approach to the Health of the Community: RN BSN
- NURS-S 483 Clinical Nursing Practice Capstone
- NURS-S 487 Nursing Management: RN BSN
- Nursing Elective
* When NURS-B 231 is completed you will receive 35 credit hours of special credit added to your transcript at no cost.
For more information or to apply to the RN to BSN mobility option, contact the pre-nursing advisor at 800-959-EAST, ext. 353 or Dr. Karen Clark, Dean of Nursing.
The School of Nursing is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and the Indiana State Board of Nursing.