The Academy for Cultivating Talent is seeking applications for the 2014-2015 program year. The focus for the year is on next generation leaders – individuals who are poised to have greater influence in their organizations, institutions, or communities. This program, limited to 30 participants, will emphasize the unique qualities of and opportunities for next generation leaders. Participants will expand knowledge and skills in order to:
• develop a stronger connection to their own sense of purpose.
• employ a variety of approaches to leadership and influence.
• use their emotional and social intelligence to navigate differences and enhance collaborations.
• become a more effective agent of change in their communities and organizations.
• lead their organizations more effectively.
Applicants to the Academy for Cultivating Talent must have:
• a deep desire to engage in an intensive personal development experience.
• an interest in finding ways to influence issues about which they are personally passionate.
• the ability to attend all sessions.
• support of their organization.
Program Year Schedule:
One session per month from September 2014 through April 2015.
This program year is being partially underwritten by the Indiana University East School of Business and Economics. Cost to participants is $300. Some partial scholarships are available.
The purpose of the Academy for Cultivating Talent (ACT) is to build the social capacity and economic strength of the region served by IU East. This will be accomplished through systematically cultivating the talents of specific populations that represent dimensions of diversity not yet fully engaged in the economic and community development of the region.
Applications are currently being accepted and will be reviewed through August 15. Visit iue.edu/act.php to download the application form.
Return applications by email to Fredricka F. Joyner, Ph.D., director of the IU East Center for Leadership Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
IU East School of Business and Economics
2325 Chester Blvd.
Richmond, IN 47374