The Indiana University East School of Business and Economics has formed a new advisory council to gather input on academic programs and connect students with businesses and organizations across the region.
Dean Robert Mulligan said the purpose of the advisory council is to help advise the school to maintain the relevance and currency of its business curriculum in light of regional economic development needs.
“I’m very excited to be working with such a committed and enthusiastic group of business and community leaders. It’s just overwhelming that they’re so supportive to volunteer their time and experience to help improve our business education programs and better leverage them for the region,” Mulligan said.
The inaugural meeting was held November 18. Members include IU East alumni and leaders across the region from different aspects in industry, business, finance, marketing, information technology and non-profit organizations.
School of Business and Economics Advisory Council members include:
- Randy Baker, general manager of Richmond Power & Light
- Tim Crammer, vice president of services for Henny Penny
- Phil D’Amico, president and chief executive officer of the Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce
- Todd Duke, director of Information Technology at IU East, ‘03
- Michael Elorreaga, personal and commercial lines agent for VanVleet Insurance
- Robin Henry, executive vice president of Human Resources and assistant to the president for West End Bank
- Jeff Jackson, CPA/PFS, CFP of Brady Ware & Company
- Darla Lane, assistant to the dean and graduate admissions coordinator for the IU East School of Business and Economics
- Robert Mulligan, dean of the IU East School of Business and Economics
- Ron Oler, dean division of Business & Public Services, professor and department chair at Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana-Richmond
- Jan Parker, U.S. benefits manager for Belden, ‘14
- Kim Poinsett, vice president of community relations for First Bank Richmond
- Amy Powell, medical staff recruiter for Reid Health, ‘03
- Dan Printz, marketing specialist for Reid Health, ‘15
- Roger Richert, owner of Richmond Furniture Gallery
- Rob Tidrow, chief operations officer for Richmond Community Schools
- Jason Troutwine, vice chancellor for the Office of External Affairs at IU East, ‘01
About the School of Business and Economics
The Indiana University East School of Business and Economics’ mission is to provide holistic education preparing graduates for professional career and leadership. Graduates are able to perform advanced business processes; to identify, use, and analyze information; to solve business problems; and, to further their personal development.
The School of Business and Economics at Indiana University East is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Accreditation by ACBSP ensures that the schools programs are of the highest quality as determined by external peers.