Spring Music Concerts
IU East students are hosting their spring music concerts this week. The concerts are free and open to the public.
Tonight (April 29) is the Senior Capstone Recital by Hannah Clawson, soprano. The recital is at 7:30 p.m. in Vivian Auditorium.
Earlier this week, the IU East Jazz Band performed on Monday night. The jazz band is directed by Robert Williams. The IU East Student Recital was held Tuesday.
Nursing students inducted to Sigma Theta Tau International
Senior B.S.N., R.N. to B.S.N., and M.S.N. students were inducted into Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing on April 10 at St. Luke’s Church in Indianapolis.
The group was inducted into the Alpha Chapter with other IU campuses. Alpha Chapter was the first chapter of Sigma, started by six Indiana University students. Students must have at least a 3.5 GPA to be eligible and must be invited to become a member. This was the largest group of inductees from IU East.
Students received a certificate, signed the Sigma Theta Tau Alpha Chapter book, and received their purple and white chords.
Student Showcase in Meijer Artway
Indiana University East and Purdue University College of Technology in Richmond students now have their work on display in the Meijer Artway through May 15. Students exhibiting work were in fine arts classes at IU East during the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters.
Stagg Safety of Richmond sponsored the awards.
Best of Show
Megan Templeton, Richmond, Ind.
Patrick Allred, Modoc, Ind.
First Place – Elizabeth Miller, Eldorado, Ohio
Second Place – Maya Waller, Connersville, Ind.
Third Place – Sarah Miller, Connersville, Ind.
First Place – Chanda Hunt, Union City, Ohio
Second Place – Cody Bryant, West Alexandria, Ohio
Third Place – Brittany Myers, Arcanum, Ohio
Student Showcase Exhibitors
- Sheyenne Adams, Winchester, Ind. – “The Wolf’s Cry,” Colored Pencil on Poster Board
- Liza M. Allen, Lynn, Ind. – “Copper Cuff,” Forged Copper and Chrysocolla Stone and “My Re-creation of George Hurrell’s Clark Gable” Digital Photograph
- Patrick Allred, Modoc, Ind. – “Old Fish Heads,” Ceramic and “Acceptance,” Graphite on Paper
- Eli Beckley, Richmond, Ind. – “Coat of Arms,” Manipulated Copper, Cedar
- Cody Bryant, West Alexandria, Ohio – “Boxcar” and “Biplane,” Manipulated Copper
- Arianna Cook, Cambridge City, Ind. – “Jar” and “Teapot,” Ceramic
- Dan Estadilla, Richmond, Ind. – “Happy Family,” Oil, Sand, Molding Paste on Canvas
- Davis Himes, Connersville, Ind. – “Birth of Venus – Birth of Woman,” Graphite, Watercolor, Acrylic on Canvas (diptych)
- Chanda Hunt, Union City, Ohio – “This Is Not a Bowl,” Ceramic
- Danielle Johnson, Richmond, Ind. – “Ssssexy Lady,” Graphite on Paper
- Margaret Leffel, Richmond, Ind. – “Descended,” Oil on Canvas (triptych)
- Piedad Llerena, Richmond, Ind. – “Inca Sun” and “His & Hers” Ceramics
- Stephanie Llerena, Richmond, Ind. – “Magic Bottle” and “Hungry,” Ceramic
- Elizabeth Miller, Eldorado, Ohio – “Untitled,” Graphite, String, Acrylic, Watercolor
- Brittany Myers, Arcanum, Ohio – “Vulture Bear,” Ceramic, Acrylic, Ink
- Josh Pontius, West Alexandria, Ohio – “Cloudy Bowl,” Ceramic
- Hannah Robbins, Liberty, Ind. –“Out of Control,” Oil on Canvas
- Brandon Scott, Connersville, Ind. – “When Pigs Fly,” Mixed Media
- Jen Smith, Richmond, Ind. – “The Devil’s Toolbox,” Mixed Media and “Water Vessel,” Ceramic
- Megan Templeton, Richmond, Ind. – “Oversized Vase” and “Spearmint Jar,” Ceramic
- Maya Waller, Connersville, Ind. – “Projecting,” Oil, Molding Paste on Canvas
For more information, call Ed Thornburg, gallery curator, at (765) 973-8605 or visit iue.edu/gallery.