Indiana University East will host events throughout College GO! Week today through September 30. The weeklong event offers high school students the opportunity to explore IU East and its academic programs.
The state of Indiana has initiated College GO! Week to encourage high school students to pursue a college education. Throughout the week, IU East will highlight scholarships, campus spirit and traditions, opportunities for honors students, student-athletes and much more.
“IU East is hosting activities throughout the week to highlight scholarships, campus spirit, and opportunities for honors students, student-athletes, and many others,” said Molly Vanderpool, director of Admissions at IU East. “At IU East, students will find their experience is personalized just for them. In addition to nationally recognized academic programs and an enriching and diverse campus life, students will receive the resources and support they need to succeed.”
With fall enrollment reaching a record high, more high school students are making IU East their university of choice. This year’s freshman class is the largest ever, and 92 percent of new freshmen entered directly from high school.
The event schedule for the week is:
Monday, September 26
• “Meet the Pack” Athletics Night in Springwood Hall, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, September 27
• Campus Visit Day – Focus on majors in the Schools of Education, Social Work and Humanities & Social Sciences majors in Whitewater Hall, 10 a.m. to noon
• Transfer Tuesday – Ivy Tech Day in Office of Admissions, Whitewater Hall, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Finish at IU East – Online bachelor’s degree completion programs in the Community Room, Whitewater Hall, 6-7 p.m.
Wednesday, September 28
• Campus Visit Day for Nursing majors in Whitewater Hall, 10 a.m. to noon
Thursday, September 29
• Campus Visit Day for Business Majors in Whitewater Hall, 10 a.m. to noon
Friday, September 30
• Red Wolves Day – Ultimate campus visit experience for high school seniors in Whitewater Hall, 9:30 a.m.to 12:30 p.m.