The Indiana University East Alumni Association invites members of the community and other interested individuals to submit nominations for the Indiana University East Distinguished Alumni Award.
The Indiana University East Alumni Association is accepting nominations for the 2011 Indiana University East Distinguished Alumni Award.
The IU East Distinguished Alumni Award provides an opportunity to recognize outstanding Indiana University East alumni who have distinguished themselves through personal and professional accomplishments, community service, involvement with the University, and involvement with the Alumni Association.
Any alumnus/alumna who has received a degree from IU East or who has completed a significant number of courses on the IU East campus is eligible. IU East Chancellor Nasser Paydar will present the award on Friday, May 13, during the 2011 IU East commencement ceremony. The award winner is expected to be a part of the platform party during the ceremony.
Former recipients of the award are:
• Former Richmond Mayor Dennis L. Andrews
• Dr. John R. DeGraw of Crystal River, Florida
• David H. Runyon, member of the first graduating class from IU East and retired president of Bank One Richmond
• D. Sue Roberson, director, State Personnel
• Deborah Jenkins Ahaus, former president of Bank One
• Robert J. Cline, retired State Police Department
• David M. Thurman, retired banker from Valparaiso
• Robert C. Chamness, Wayne County Court Chief Probation Officer
• Ingrid Y. Toschlog, Bursar at Indiana University Purdue University-Indianapolis
• Former Richmond Mayor Shelly Miller
• Susy S. Hasecoster, 2004 Indiana Association for the Gifted Teacher of the Year
• Bette G. Davenport, former director of the IU East Alumni Association
• LuAnne Christofaro, Reid Hospital and Healthcare Services
• Pam Bliss, Artist, muralist
• Keith N. Fargo, Ph.D., research scientist
• Raymond C. Kelley, National Legislative Director, AMVETS
In addition to their professional careers, these alumni make an extra effort to be involved citizens in their communities. They share a common denominator – the willingness to care and belief that they can make a difference.
“Indiana University East is proud of all of its alumni who work daily to make their communities better for themselves and for future generations,” said Terry Wiesehan, director of Alumni Relations and Campus Events.
Names of those recommended for this honor may be submitted to the IU East Alumni Relations Office, 765-973-8221, or e-mail email@example.com, by March 1, 2011.