Please Join us for the 40th Anniversary Nursing Gala
For more information: 765-973-8213 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare for a Career in Nursing with an Indiana University Degree
Nursing is one of the nation’s fastest-growing, most in-demand professions. Nurses combine their scientific knowledge with a compassionate approach as they provide a range of services from caring for critically ill patients to teaching new mothers how to care for their babies.
At the School of Nursing at IU East you can earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing in a hands-on, creative learning environment. You’ll learn crucial nursing skills in an up-to-date clinical learning laboratory using the latest technology, including SimMan, a universal patient simulator that reflects real-life clinical situations, and Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs). When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to practice in a wide range of nursing specialties from acute and long-term care to public health and wellness education.
Nursing Simulation Camp
Masters in Nursing is Accepting Applications
We are now accepting applications for the Summer 2014 semester, classes begin May 19, 2014. Please read all instructions on the Graduate Admission Checklist carefully and print the checklist for your records. The University application is required to take courses at IU East.
- Complete the university application. Select Master of Science in Nursing, either Education or Administration, as the program you are applying for. There is a $40.00 application fee with this application.
- Submit official college and/or university transcripts from all institutions attended except Indiana University. We will print your IU transcript and put that in your submitted application packet. Have transcripts mailed to the associate dean for nursing graduate programs (see address below).
- Submit a copy/verification of your current Indiana RN license, or license where your practicum's will be completed. Evidence of a current, active, unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse is required.
- Submit an essay (personal goal statement 250-350 words) explaining your career goals, reasons for your choice of major, and why you want to pursue an advanced degree in nursing.
- Applicants must agree to and submit the essential abilities form of the School of Nursing, which states that students can demonstrate essential abilities in a variety of areas (judgment, neurological function, communication skills, emotional coping skills, intellectual/conceptual skills, and other behavioral attributes) as well as meeting all progression criteria.
- Two letters of reference sent to the Associate Dean for Nursing Graduate Programs.
- Submit a current resumé or curriculum vitae, which shows clear documentation of clinical practice as a RN
- Complete a criminal background check.
All admission materials must be received by April 1, 2014. Please send all materials in one packet to:
Associate Dean for Nursing Graduate Programs
2325 Chester Blvd., Hayes 203
Richmond, Indiana 47374
IU East to host Site Review
Indiana University East School of Nursing wishes to announce that it will host a site review for initial accreditation of its Master of Science in nursing program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The site review will take place from November 6-8, 2013.You are invited to meet the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person. An open community meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 6, 2013 from 4:30-5:30 PM in Hayes Hall room #275.
Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to:
Dr. Sharon Tanner, Chief Executive Officer
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Or e-mail: email@example.com
All written comments should be received by the ACEN by Friday, November 1, 2013.
Background Check Requirements
Many of the clinical sites where students complete clinical experiences are now requiring verification of criminal history before students can be placed in their organizations. Based on requirements of these agencies, as well as state and federal regulations, all students must provide evidence that they have submitted to a national criminal history check. Background checks must be submitted annually between the dates of May 1 – August 1. Students are required to visit CertifiedBackground.com and purchase the background check service each year. Please note national criminal history checks will only be accepted from CertifiedBackground.com. Students should keep in mind that the results of the background check must be available to the Office of the Dean no later than August 1. Therefore, background check submissions should be completed at least two weeks prior to the August 1 deadline to assure processing is complete by the required deadline.
Students should use the code ND61 when submitting for the first time, and ND61R when returning in following years.
Faculty and Students at Sigma Theta Tau
Sigma Theta Tau Internationl, Alpha Chapter Induction 2013
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (and RN to BSN mobility option) program is accredited by:
Indiana State Board of Nursing
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
Indiana Government Center South
402 West Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Phone (317) 234-2043
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone (404) 975-5000
Fax (404) 975-5020