Student Instructions for Nursing Applicants
Background Check and Drug Screen
Indiana University East School of Nursing and Health Sciences has chosen CastleBranch.com as an approved source for background checks and drug screening.
CastleBranch.com is a service that allows students to purchase their own background check and drug screen. The results of a background are posted to the CastleBranch.com web site in a secure, tamper-proof environment, where the student, as well as organizations can view the background check.
To order your background check and drug screen from CastleBranch.com, please follow the instructions below.
- Go to https://portal.castlebranch.com/IG37.
- Select Place Order and select the BSN Program Applicants dropdown menu.
- Choose "IG39rn: I am an RN-BSN student APPLICANT: Background Check & Drug Test." Enter the requested information. You will be provided with information on how to complete your urine drug screen.
- Select a method of payment: Visa, MasterCard or money order. Once your order is submitted, you will receive a password via email to view the results of your background check. The results may take a few weeks so please complete well in advance of the application deadline.
- The package above includes a search of your current county of residence. If any additional residences are found within the previous 7 years (from your residency history), additional county criminal searches will be performed at an additional $13 cost per county.
- The total cost of the basic criminal background check and drug screen is approximately $83.00 for first time users and $63.00 for returning users (or more depending on the number of counties you have lived in over the last 7 years).
- Background checks will only be accepted from CastleBranch.com
The results of the background check must be available to Indiana University East on or before the application deadline. IU East will obtain an official copy of this report after you have applied for it. Please do not submit the report to us.