Application Process/Admission Requirements
There are two applications needed to pursue a degree in nursing.
First, you must apply through the Office of Admissions. Once admitted, you will work with a pre-nursing advisor for program planning.
Second, each spring semester, the application for the BSN program is available on the IUE School of Nursing and Health Sciences’ website. Your application must be submitted online at https://www.iue.edu/forms/school-of-nursing-application/. You must submit a completed application by March 1.
Students interested in applying:
- You must be admitted through the IUE Office of Admissions
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.7 (4.0 Scale) for all courses attempted
- Minimum Nursing GPA (NGPA) of 3.0
- Successfully complete a minimum of 26 pre-requisite credits (listed below) with a "C" (2.0) or better. C- is not acceptable and is considered failing. One failure is allowed per course provided that the course is taken and passed with a "C" or better on the second attempt.
- Adequate Math Skills required.
Minimum pre-requisite courses needed to apply:
- ENG-W 131 English Composition I (3 cr)
- ENG-W 231 English Composition II, OR SPCH-S 121 Public Speaking (3 cr)
- PSY-P 103 General Psychology (3 cr)
- SOC-S 100 Introduction to Sociology (3 cr)
- Ethics PHIL-P 120 or PHIL-P 140
- Cultural Diversity course (3 cr)
- Critical/Analytical/Science courses (8 cr).
Must include Micro J-200/J-201 (4 cr) OR ANAT-A 215 or PHSL-P 215 (5 cr).
(Pre-requisite BIOL-L 102) (4cr).
Students must complete at least two semesters of chemistry in high school with a grade C or better OR take any college level chemistry class (3 credits minimum, (e.g., CHEM-C 100 (3 cr), CHEM-C 101 (3 cr), CHEM-N 100 (4 cr), CHEM-C 105 (3cr); lab is optional). Chemistry must be completed before Junior year.
Completion of MATH-N 111 Math for Nursing is not required to meet eligibility for admission. However, you must have adequate math skills to be successful in our program. We require successful completion of a statistics course. Statistics must be completed before Junior year. (MATH-N 111 is a pre-requisite of statatistics)