Application Process/Admission Requirements
There are two applications needed to pursue a degree in nursing.
First, you must apply through the Office of Admissions. Once admitted, you will work with a pre-nursing advisor for program planning.
Second, each spring semester Application Packets are available from the IUE School of Nursing’s website. You must submit a completed application by March 1. Applications will be available in January. Please visit our website at that time to obtain an application.
Students interested in applying:
- You must be admitted through the IUE Office of Admissions
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.7 (4.0 Scale) for all courses attempted
- Minimum Nursing GPA (NGPA) of 3.0
- Successfully complete a minimum of 26 pre-requisite credits (listed below) with a "C" (2.0) or better. C- is not acceptable and is considered failing. One failure is allowed per course provided that the course is taken and passed with a "C" or better on the second attempt.
- Adequate Math Skills required.
Minimum pre-requisite courses needed to apply:
- ENG-W 131 English Composition I (3 cr)
- ENG-W 231 English Composition II, OR SPCH-S 121 Public Speaking (3 cr)
- PSY-P 103 General Psychology (3 cr)
- SOC-S 100 Introduction to Sociology (3 cr)
- Ethics PHIL-P 120 or PHIL-P 140
- Cultural Diversity course (3 cr)
- Critical/Analytical/Science courses (8 cr).
Must include Micro J-200/J-201 (4 cr) OR ANAT-A 215 or PHSL-P 215 (5 cr).
(Pre-requisite BIOL-L 102) (4cr).
Students must complete at least two semesters of chemistry in high school with a grade C or better OR take any college level chemistry class (3 credits minimum, (e.g., CHEM-C 100 (3 cr), CHEM-C 101 (3 cr), CHEM-N 100 (4 cr), CHEM-C 105 (3cr); lab is optional). Chemistry must be completed before Junior year.
Completion of MATH-M 123 College Algebra is not required to meet eligibility for admission. However, you must have adequate math skills to be successful in our program. We require successful completion of a statistics course. Statistics must be completed before Junior year. (MATH-M 123 is a pre-requisite of statatistics)