We are now accepting applications for the Spring 2016 semester for nursing education, administration and FNP majors, classes begin January 11, 2016. Please read all instructions on the Graduate Admission Checklist carefully and print the checklist for your records.
- Complete the university application. Select Master of Science in Nursing, either Education, Administration or FNP as the program you are applying for. There is a $40.00 application fee with this application.
- Submit official college and/or university transcripts from all institutions attended except Indiana University. We will print your IU transcript and put that in your submitted application packet. Have transcripts mailed to the associate dean for nursing graduate programs (see address below).
- Submit a copy/verification of your current Indiana RN license, or license where your practicum's will be completed. Evidence of a current, active, unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse is required.
- Submit an essay (personal goal statement 250-350 words) explaining your career goals, reasons for your choice of major, and why you want to pursue an advanced degree in nursing.
- Applicants must agree to and submit the essential abilities form of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences, which states that students can demonstrate essential abilities in a variety of areas (judgment, neurological function, communication skills, emotional coping skills, intellectual/conceptual skills, and other behavioral attributes) as well as meeting all progression criteria.
- Two letters of reference sent to the Associate Dean for Nursing Graduate Programs (May be sent via automatic email system through the online application system).
- Submit a current resumé or curriculum vitae, which shows clear documentation of clinical practice as a RN
- Complete a criminal background check.
Please send all materials in one packet to:
Associate Dean for Nursing Graduate Programs
2325 Chester Blvd., Hayes 203
Richmond, Indiana 47374