Bachelor of General Studies
A Bachelor of General Studies offers students the quality of an IU degree along with the most flexibility of any academic program by allowing students to easily combine courses and transfer credits from a variety of academic disciplines. Offered online or onsite, this degree allows graduates to have nearly endless career choices—a must for today’s changing workforce—and is an excellent option for working adults.
Your plan of study will include 12 credits in each of three learning areas – Arts and Humanities, Science and Mathematics, and Behavioral and Social Sciences. You will choose one of these three areas for an 18-credit concentration, and then have the freedom to select courses that interest you most to complete the required 120 credits.
With your AAS degree, most (if not all) of the college level courses in which you receive a C or better should count toward your IU East Bachelor of General Studies degree (64 credits, maximum). You will even be able to count up to 30 credits of technical courses in this degree.
- No more than 21 credit hours may be taken in a single subject area.
- No more than 30 credit hours in a single discipline outside the arts and sciences will be counted towards this degree (Business, Education, Criminal Justice, Human Services, Journalism, Nursing, Social Work or SPEA).
- At least 30 credit hours of course work must be taken within the Indiana University system.
- At least 20 credit hours of course work must be taken after you have been admitted to the School of Continuing Studies.
- At least 30 credit hours must be taken at the 300-400 level.
- See Plan of Study for specific grade requirements.
Contact UsLori Current
Asst. Director, Admissions
151C Whitewater Hall
2325 Chester Boulevard
Richmond, Indiana 47374
1-800-959-EAST, extension 238
Email: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function email() in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\pathways\aas-grads\bgs.php on line 125