RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Indiana University East RN to BSN mobility option provides an opportunity for registered nurses with associate degrees or diplomas in nursing to advance their careers through additional knowledge and practice. A bachelor's degree will prepare you for leadership roles in the workplace, provide you with career flexibility, and prepare you for graduate study and advanced practice roles.
Get the convenience and flexibility of a private institution without the cost. You can complete your bachelor's degree in as little as two years dedicating only one night per week to nursing classes. You will build on the knowledge you have already mastered. The IU East program covers advanced concepts such as research, critical thinking, community health and leadership. And the best part is you will receive credit for previous nursing courses as well as general education courses.
|Course No.||Course Name||Credits|
|NURS-B 231||Communication for Healthcare Professionals||3|
|NURS-B 244||Comprehensive Health Assessment||3|
|NURS-B 304||Transition to Professional Nursing: Health Policy||3|
|NURS-H 365||Nursing Research||3|
|NURS-B 404||Transition to Professional Nursing II: Informatics||3|
|NURS-S 474||Applied Healthcare Ethics||3|
|NURS-S 475||A Multisystem Approach to the Health of the Community||3|
|NURS-S 483||Nursing Capstone Practicum||3|
|NURS-S 487||Nursing Management||3|
- Nursing classes meet one evening a week.
- Complete a bachelor's in two years.
- Only three clinical courses are required and can be completed in your community and in your areas of interest.
- Special credit awarded for previous nursing course work with no time constraints for previously completed courses.
- After completing required transition courses, 35 credits will be added to your transcripts at no cost.
- Statewide articulation agreements with IvyTech Community College of Indiana.
- Project-based clinical and advanced concepts not covered in ASN or diploma in nursing programs.
For more information or to apply to the RN to BSN mobility option, contact the RN to BSN advisor at 765-973-8336 or email@example.com.
The School of Nursing is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and the Indiana State Board of Nursing.