RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Indiana University East RN to BSN mobility option provides an opportunity for registered nurses with associate degrees or diplomas in nursing to advance their careers through additional knowledge and practice. A bachelor's degree will prepare you for leadership roles in the workplace, provide you with career flexibility, and prepare you for graduate study and advanced practice roles.
Get the convenience and flexibility of a private institution without the cost. You can complete your bachelor's degree in as little as two years dedicating only one night per week to nursing classes. You will build on the knowledge you have already mastered. The IU East program covers advanced concepts such as research, critical thinking, community health and leadership. And the best part is you will receive credit for previous nursing courses as well as general education courses.
|Course No.||Course Name||Credits|
|NURS-B 231||Communication for Healthcare Professionals||3|
|NURS-B 244||Comprehensive Health Assessment||3|
|NURS-B 304||Transition to Professional Nursing: Health Policy||3|
|NURS-H 365||Nursing Research||3|
|NURS-B 404||Transition to Professional Nursing II: Informatics||3|
|NURS-S 474||Applied Healthcare Ethics||3|
|NURS-S 475||A Multisystem Approach to the Health of the Community||3|
|NURS-S 483||Nursing Capstone Practicum||3|
|NURS-S 487||Nursing Management||3|
- Complete a bachelor's in two years.
- Nursing classes meet one evening a week.
- Only three clinical courses are required. These can be completed in your community and in your areas of interest.
- Clinicals are project-based and cover advanced concepts not traditionally found in ASN or diploma in nursing programs.
- Special credit awarded for previous nursing course work with no time constraints for previously completed courses.
- After completing the required transition courses, 35 credits will be added to your transcripts at no cost.
- Statewide articulation agreements have been developed Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana.
Please note that this program has a two step admission process. First, you need to apply for admission into IU East. Once you are admitted, you will need to apply specifically to the RN to BSN program. If you want to read more about this program and review the application, please go to http://www.iue.edu/nursing/rn. Please contact me for more information or if you need assistance with the application into the program.
For more information or to apply to the RN to BSN mobility option, contact the RN to BSN advisor at 765-973-8336 or email@example.com.
The School of Nursing is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and the Indiana State Board of Nursing.