Amanda J. Carmack
Indiana University East School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Associate Dean for Nursing Undergraduate Programs
Hayes Hall 217
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Indiana University- Purdue University Indianapolis, 2017
- Master of Science of Nursing – Education, Indiana University East, 2015
- Associate of Science of Nursing, Ivy Tech Community College, 2012
- Master of Business Administration, Indiana Wesleyan University, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts, Northern Kentucky University, 1999
- Certified Nurse Educator, NLN, 2015 - present
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse - Knowledge Professional, ACCN, 2014 - present
Current Research Interests
Simulation in nursing education, developing clinical reasoning in undergraduate nursing students, student centered learning.
- Carmack, A. (March, 2017, Podium Presentation). Better Together - Empowering Patients and Providers through Partnership and Information. Healthcare Revolution Challenge – Eskenazi Health. Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Carmack, A. (October, 2016, Podium Presentation). Volunteers – Heroes for the American Red Cross. Healthcare Revolution Challenge – American Red Cross. Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Carmack, A. (March, 2016, Podium Presentation). Stop Misuse and Abuse of Injections. Healthcare Revolution Challenge - World Health Organization. Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Carmack, A. (June, 2015, Accepted poster presentation). Computer Modules, Simulation, and Critical Thinking in Undergraduate Nursing Students. 14th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Carmack, A. (March, 2015, Accepted poster presentation). Computer Modules, Simulation, and Critical Thinking in Undergraduate Nursing Students. Ohio League for Nursing Education Summit. Dublin, Ohio.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Open Heart Recovery Nurse – Reid Hospital
- Critical Care Registered Nurse – Reid Hospital