Faculty in Finance
Asistant Professor in Economics
Hayes Hall 255V
- Ph.D. 2007 Economics George Mason University
- M.S. 2007 Economics George Mason University
- M.S.M.E. 1997 Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.S. (with ACS), Chemistry and Engineering Physics
- “The Green Marketplace: Applying a Model of Church and Sect to the Environmental Movement.” The Journal for the Study of Radicalism, Forthcoming.
- "Lecture, Leisure, Learning: Teaching Economic Development Abroad in India." Journal for Economic Educators, Volume 17, No. 1, 2017
- "Don’t Let a Serious Crisis Go to Waste: Exploring Links Between Environmental Policy-Making and Environmental Mishaps" (with Vivek Pandey), Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy, Volume 4, Issue 3, 2015
- “The determinants of Sexual Freedom from 1990 to 2010”, Applied Economics Letters, Volume 22, Issue 15, 2015.
- “Is Religion and Environmentalism a Complement or Substitute? A Club Based Approach” (with Tim Komarek), Interdisciplinary Journal of Research on Religion, Volume 11, Article 1, 2015.
- “Parliament vs. Supreme Court: A Veto Player Framework of the Indian Constitutional Experiment in the Area of Economic and Civil Rights” Constitutional Political Economy, Volume 21, Issue 4 (2010), Page 336.
- "The Rise of the Modern Welfare State, Ideology, Institutions, and Income Security: Analysis and Evidence" (with Roger Congleton) Public Choice, Volume 144 (2010), 535-555.
- “Funding the Faiths: Toward a Theory of Religious Finance” (with Larry Iannaccone) The Oxford Handbook of the Economics of Religion Rachel M. McCleary, Editor. Oxford University Press. 2010.
- “Oil Train Angst: Are proposed regulations on the rail shipment of oil good policy?” in Regulation, Spring 2015.
- “Sunsetting Government Waste”, U.S. News and World Report, Economic Intelligence, September 1, 2015.
Selected Memberships in State/National/International Professional Organizations
- The American Economic Association
- The Association for the Study of Religion, Economics, and Culture
- Southern Economic Association
- Public Choice
- Mises Institute Member
- The Association of Private Enterprise Education
Select past Employment
- Anderson University
- Alma College
- Renewable Bioproducts Institute (formerly IPST)
Areas of Professional Practice
- Law & Economics, Political Economy, Economics of Religion, Applied Microeconomics
Selected Academic Awards/Recognition
- Numerous external grants