Assistant Professor, Political Science
Tom Raper Hall 244
- Ph.D., Political Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2012
- M.A., Political Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2011
- B.S., Economics and Political Science, Northern Michigan University, 2006
Current Research interests
Congress, Legislative Behavior, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "Esther Griffin White." In Indiana's 200: The People Who Shaped the Character of the Hoosier State, edited by Linda Gugin and Jim St. Clair, Indianapolis, Indiana Historical Society Press, forthcoming (2016).
- Remmel, Megan L. and Chera A. LaForge. "Don't You Forget About Me: Straight-Ticket Voting and Voter Drop-Off in Nonpartisan Elections." Presented at the Midwest Political Science Association Annual Meeting, Chicago 2014.
- Schmitt, Carly, Chera LaForge, and Hanna Brant. "Primaries, Partisanship, and Polarization in the Senate." Presented at the American Political Science Association Annual Meeting, Chicago 2013.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Academic Advisor, Department of Political Science, University of Illinois, 2011-2012
- Independent Instructor, Department of Political Science, University of Illinois, 2010-2011
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Faculty Summer Research Fellowship, Indiana University East, Summer 2014
- Humanities and Social Sciences Outstanding Faculty Advisor, Indiana University East, 2013-2014
- LAS Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching by a Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, April 2012
Link to website: http://mypage.iu.edu/~calaforg/