School of Education
500 Industrial Drive
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
(812) 537-4010 ext. 7256
- Ph.D. Education Theory and Practice, The Ohio State University
- MA, Education Theory and Practice, The Ohio State University
- BA, International Studies and Spanish, Miami University
- Secondary Spanish and Social Studies
- ESL Endorsement (P-12)
Current Teaching Interests
English as a Second Language, Underground Railroad, Social Studies Education
Current Scholarly/Research Interests
Underground Railroad, Cross Cultural Partnerships
Research Grants Awarded
- 2013 Summer Fellowship Grant, Northern Kentucky University, "Using Primary Resources to Develop Students' Understanding of the Economic Impact of Slavery in Kentucky"
- 2012 Faculty Senate Project Grant, Northern Kentucky University, Thinking Globally: Cross Cultural Understanding Among Secondary Students
- 2009- 2011 International Leaders in Education Program, Project Director, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Cultural Affairs
Selected Recent Publications
- Dallmer, D. (Ed.) (2013). Creating a new space: Partners in education. The International Society for the Social Studies Annual Conference Proceedings, Orlando, FL:
- Lopez-Carrasquillo, A., Dallmer, D., Hubbard, T., Lee, Y.A., and Sennett, J. (2012). Learning from our PDS experience. In M. Johnston-Parsons and PDS colleagues, Dialogue and difference in a PDS: A 16-year sociocultural study of an experimental teacher education program. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishers.
- Dallmer, D. (2009). Using multimedia resources to teach about the Underground Railroad. Kentucky Middle School Journal, 10(1), 37-45.
- Christenson, M., Kerper, R.M., Dallmer, D., Boyd, B., Lynch, C., Dyer, J., Green, P., Barnes, M.K., Johnston-Parson, M., & Thomas, M. (2008). "Doctoral students as boundary spanners: Complexity and ambiguity for university supervisors within an M.Ed./PDS Project", School University Partnerships, University of South Florida, 2(1), 84-95.
- Dallmer, D. (2007). "Teaching students about Civil Rights using print material and photographs", The Social Studies, 98(4), 153-158.
- Dallmer, D. (2007). "Collaborative test taking with adults," Adult Learning, 15(13 & 14), 4-7.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- 1999-2014 Professor, Teacher Education, College of Education and Human Services, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY (1999-2014)
- 1994-1999 Associate Professor, Teacher Education, Department of Education, Wilmington College, Wilmington, Ohio (1994-1999)
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Outstanding Student Teacher Supervisor, Northern Kentucky University, College of Education and Human Services, 2012
- University Recipient of the Award for Sustained Excellence in Scholarly and Creative Activity, Northern Kentucky University, 2007