Diane M. Baker
Indiana University East School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Hayes Hall 200
- Bryan College of Health Science, Lincoln, Nebraska. Graduate Certificate in Simulation Education
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana. Master of Arts in Nursing Education, 1984
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1974
- Certified Nurse Educator, NLN, 2012 - present
Selected Publications / Presentations
- Scales, T. & Baker, D. (2017, June) Laugh, Learn, Live. A presentation at the Academic Business World International Conference, May 2017, Nashville, TN.
- Scales, T. & Baker, D. (2104, November) Beyond the Classroom the more you know. A presentation at the Academy of Business Research Fall 2014 Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
- Scales, T. & Baker, D. (2104, November) Experiencing Education through Simulation. A presentation at the Academy of Business Research Fall 2014 Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
- Breymier, T., Burns, S., Baker, D. (2014, September) Flight of the First Year Nursing Student: Rebuild Your Programs First Year Fundamentals Experience. Poster Presentation. 2014 NLN Education Summit: flight of the Pheonix.
- Breymier, T., & Baker, D., (June, 2014). Turn Fantasy into Reality: Work the Magic of Graduate Students and Their Scholarly Projects for Your Simulation Program! Poster Presentation. 13th Annual International Nursing Resource Centers Conference. Orlando, Florida
- Williamson, M., & Baker, D. (June, 2014). Evolving Simulation Scenarios, a Standardized Patient, and In-Sim Debriefing: Creating a Clinical Simulation Learning Environment for Undergraduate Maternal-Newborn Nursing Students. Poster Presentation. Drexel University Nursing Education Institute DUNEI. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Breymier, T. & Baker, D. (June, 2009). Utilizing Simulation within Nursing Education: The Fundamental Journey. Interactive Poster Presentation. Poster Presentation. The 8th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference. St. Louis, MO.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Clarian Health Partners, Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, IN; Staff nurse-Orthopedic Unit
- Marian College, Indianapolis, IN; Assistant Professor of Nursing
Selected Academic Awards/Recognition
- Best Paper Award for “Laugh, Learn and Live” which was presented at the Academic Business World International Conference 2017 at the Holiday Inn Vanderbilt in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Best Academic Paper Award, Academy of Business Research - 2014
- Indiana University School of Nursing Outstanding Teacher Award - 1983
- American Nurses Association, 1974-present
- Indiana State Nurses Association District 19/5, 1974-present
- Sigma Theta Tau – Omega-at-Large Chapter, 1999-present