Edward A. FitzGerald
Director of Social Work Programs
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1997
- Master of Social Work, 1985
- BA Psychology, 1981
Current Research Interests
Addictions, gatekeeping in social work education, improving social service capacity in rural communities, and the overlap of social work and law.
- Gatekeeping in BSW Programs Roundtable discussion at the 26th Annual Baccalaureate Social Work Education Conference October 2008 held in Destin, Florida.
- Expanding Protection of Children Using Current Child Welfare Laws: Social Justice through Casework Practice. Peer reviewed paper presented at the 21st Annual Baccalaureate Social Work Education Conference October, 2003 held in Reno, Nevada.
- Queiro-Tajalli, I., Byers, K., & FitzGerald, E. (2001). The 2001 Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards: Issues and opportunities for BSW education. Advances in Social Work, v 2, (2), 104-112.
Selected Previous Social Work Roles
Child welfare caseworker, Substance abuse therapist, Family therapist, Employee assistance program coordinator, Student assistance program coordinator