Hitesh Kathuria, Ph.D.
- 2005 – Ph.D. Molecular Biology, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, INDIA
- 1999 – M.S. Biochemistry, Hamdard University, New Delhi, INDIA (Gold Medalist)
- 1997 – B.S. (Honours) Biochemistry, University of Delhi, New Delhi, INDIA
- 1994 – Senior School Certificate Exam, Springdales School, CBSE, New Delhi, INDIA
Current Research Interests
Structural and functional characterization of Drosophila Dscam
- Kathuria H and Clemens JC. (2008) The Down syndrome cell adhesion molecule. Book Chapter for “The Sticky Synapse” from Springer. (Under preparation)
- Kathuria H, Giri J, Karaba N, Murata N, Kumar U.M and Tyagi A.K. (2008) Glycinebetaine-induced water stress tolerance in codA expressing transgenic indica rice is associated with up-regulation of several stress responsive genes. (Under preparation)
- Kathuria H, Giri J, Tyagi H and Tyagi A.K. (2007) Advances in transgenic rice biotechnology. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences, 26: 65-103.
- Kathuria H, Mohanty A and Tyagi A.K. (2003) Analysis of inheritability and expression profile of single and multi-copy transgene(s) in rice over generations. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 12: 103-107.
- Mohanty A, Kathuria H, Ferjani A, Sakamoto A, Mohanty P, Murata N and Tyagi A.K. (2002) Transgenics of an elite indica rice variety Pusa Basmati 1 harbouring the codA gene are highly tolerant to salt stress. Theoretical and Applied Genetics, 106: 51-57.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- 2006-2008 – Postdoctoral fellow in Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, Indiana, USA with Dr. James C. Clemens.
- 2005-2006 – Postdoctoral fellow at Cancer Research Institute, IUPUI, Indianapolis with Professor David G. Skalnik.
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Senior Research Fellowship by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, INDIA from July 2001 to 2004.