Assistant Dean, School of Education
Assistant Professor, School of Education
Coordinator of Special Education, School of Education
Tom Raper Hall 348
- Ph.D., Literature, Culture and Language Education, Indiana University, 2014
- M.A., Language Education, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, 2007
- B.S., Elementary Education, Valparaiso University, 2002
Current Teaching Interests
Special education methods, content area literacy methods, foundation of education
Current Scholarly Interests
Curriculum studies, critical disability studies, multiliteracies
- Buffington-Adams, J. (in press). Sports. In P. Boudreault and G. Gertz (Eds.), The SAGE Deaf Studies Encyclopedia. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Buffington-Adams, J. (in press). Access: captioning. In P. Boudreault and G. Gertz (Eds.), The SAGE Deaf Studies Encyclopedia. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Buffington, J. (2012). Conceptualizing the “Dis” or our Abilities: A Heuristic Phenomenology. The Review of Disability Studies.
- Helfenbein, R. & Buffington, J. (2010). Social Control Theory. In C. Kridel (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Curriculum Studies. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.