Assistant Professor of Management
Hayes Hall 255S
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Tulane University
- M.S. Management, Tulane University
- M.S. Public Policies, IESA Business School
- B.S. Agronomic Engineering, Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Institutional theory, franchise system, international business expansion
- Rivas, J.C. (2015). How Do the Franchisees Differ in the International and Local Market? An Inductive Profile Derivation, Proceeding for the Strategic Management Society Annual International Conference.
- Rivas, J.C. (2015). Country institutional distance and franchise system performance, Strategic Management Latin America Conference, INCAE, San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Rivas, J.C. (2014). Institutional distance, group process, and international franchise performance: a conceptual framework prepositions. Journal of Management and Economics for Iberoamerica, Special Issue: Selected papers from the Latin America Research Consortium.
- Rivas, J.C. (2012). An international franchises system model, Proceedings of CLADEA conference, ESAM Business School publications.
- Rivas, J. C. (2012). An institutional explanation for international franchise performance, Latin American Research Consortium, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA.
- Rivas, J.C. (2010). Strategic alliances, TMT, and contractual complexity, Proceedings of the IESA Annual Academic Research Conference.
- Jaén, M.H. & J.C. Rivas (2008). How do you organize companies to be socially responsible? 13 (2), Debates IESA, pp 54-58.
Selected Memberships in National Professional Organizations
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- Visiting professor, University of Central Oklahoma, 2014-2015
- Assistant professor, IESA Business School, 2006 –2014
- Visiting professor, IESA Business School, 2003- 2004
- Small Business Consultant, the Greater Oklahoma City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Business, 2016-2017
- Research & Consulting Manager, IESA Business School, 2004-2006
- Assistant Director of Planning, Venezuela Agriculture Department, 2002-2003