James O. Barbre III
Assistant Professor, School of Education
Director of Graduate Programs in Education
Coordinator, International Studies Program,
Tom Raper Hall 346
- Ph.D., Education, Oklahoma State University, 2006
- Graduate Certificate, International Studies, Oklahoma State University, 2004
- M.S., Curriculum and Instruction, Oklahoma State University, 1998
- B.S., Elementary Education, Oklahoma State University, 1995
Current Research Interests
Comparative education, civic and history education, post-secondary schooling transition, economics of education, tools of teacher reflection
- Barbre, J., Buckner, B. (2011). Action research: A call for formal inclusion into the experience of student teaching (manuscript submitted to SAGE Open Publications-Currently Under Review)
- Barbre, J. (July, 2010). Borderless educational practices in the development of commerce. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education 11(3) Article 9.
- Barbre, J. (October, 2007). The post-conflict educational establishment of Cyprus: Civic sensibilities within a European Union state. European Journal of Social Sciences 5(3) 77-87.
- Barbre, J. (2008). Powers of depiction: School history texts used in Canada and the U.S.(monograph). Saarbrucken: VDM publishing.
Selected Professional Presentations
- Barbre, J. (2010) History Education and the Need for Transnational Approaches: A Case Study of Canada and the United States. Round table presentation at National Associations of Multicultural Education Annual Conference. Las Vegas, NV.
- Barbre, J. (2008) Power Transitions Perspective on Educational Equity: A Gender Analysis of the Pan-Arab Context. Paper presented at Comparative and International Education Society Annual Conference (Panel Chair). New York City, NY.
- Barbre, J. (2007) Added Dimensions to Student Teaching: The Active Incorporation of the Action Research Process. Paper presented at the Rocky Mountain Educational Research Association. Tarleton State University, Granbury, TX.
- Barbre, J. (2004) The walls confronting education: The case of Cyprus. Paper presented at the 15th Annual Student Research Symposium. Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK.
- Barbre, J. (1996) Dialogic relations in the school. Paper presented at the 8th Annual Student Research Symposium. Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK.