Assistant Professor of English
Whitewater Hall 267
- M.F.A., Creative Writing, Emerson College, 1991
- B.A., English, Earlham College, 1982
Current Creative Interests
Creative nonfiction, poetry, equine studies.
- Harper, J. (2008) 1:47: A Documentary Film. Mahallasville Road Productions.
- Harper, J. (2005) Rose City: A Memoir of Work. Mid-List Press.
- Harper, J. (1999) “Hard Play.” Iowa Review. Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 1 - 27.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Visiting Professor, Graduate Writing Program. Earlham School of Religion, 2011
- Assistant Professor, Department of English; Ball State University, 2000 – 2003
- Visiting Instructor, Department of Art, Earlham College, 2002; 2000
Selected Offices Held in National/International Professional Organizations
- President. Indiana College English Association, 2006 – 2008
- Individual Artist Grants Review Panel, Indiana Arts Commission, 2002; 2004
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs
- Modern Language Association
- Indiana College English Association
- College English Association
- Indiana Dressage Society
- United States Dressage Federation
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Goldfarb Fellowship Award, Creative Nonfiction,Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, 2009
- Curtis Harnack Residency for Writers, Yaddo, 2008
- Mid-List Press First Series Award, Nonfiction for Rose City: A Memoir of Work, 2004