Assistant Professor, Communication Studies
Basic Course Coordinator
Tom Raper Hall 270
- Ph.D., Communication and Information Sciences, The University of Alabama, 2016
- M. A., Communication, University of Louisville, 2009
- B. S., Advertising, Ball State University, 2002
Principles of Journalism and Mass Communication, Advertising and Consumer Culture, Media Criticism, Propaganda and Persuasion, Sex and Violence in the Media, Love and Romance in the Media
Current Research Interests
Social cognitive theory, brand placement
- Devlin, M. and Combs, J. (2015). From Apple to Omega: Brand placement in top-earning 2010 films. Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science.
- Cheong, Y., Kim, K., and Combs, J. (2013). U.S. advertising agency operating efficiency. Journal of Marketing Communications.
- Cheong, Y., Combs, J., and Kim, K. (2011). An analysis of media violence in commercials aired during the Super Bowl. Paper presented at American Academy of Advertising Annual Conference, Mesa, AZ.