Assistant Professor, Biotechnology & Informatics
School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Whitewater Hall 252
More complete information can be found at:
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- PhD, Genetics, May 2002
- MS, Genetics, December 1996
- BS, Genetics, December 1992
Current Research Interests
Canine hereditary disease and aging/longevity (Laboratory-oriented); undergraduate teaching pedagogy; development of the BS, Biotechnology degree.
- Greer, K.A., P.W. Daly, W. Ji, K. E. Murphy, J. J. Callanan. Etiological determination of breed specific meningoencephalitis via gene expression analyses. Journal of Neuroinflammation. (in review).
- Greer, K.A., S.J. Schatzberg, B.F. Porter, K.A. Jones, T.R. Famula, K.M. Murphy. 2008. Heritability and transmission analysis of necrotizing meningoencephalitis in the Pug. Research in Veterinary Science (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rvsc.2008.10.002).
- Greer, K.A., S. Canterberry, K. Murphy. 2007. Statistical analysis regarding the effects of height and weight on lifespan of the domestic dog. Research in Veterinary Science 82(2): 208-214.
- American Aging Association; 2004-present
- American Association for the Advancement of Science; 1998-present
- American Association of University Women; 1996-present
- Journal reviews: Cytogenetic and Genome Research, Genomics, Mammalian Genome, American Journal of Veterinary Research, Research in Veterinary Science
- Proposal reviews: Welcome Trust, American Kennel Club-Canine Health Foundation
- Ellison Medical Foundation, Invited New Investigator Award, 2009
Indiana University nominee for limited application national grant application;
- Summer Faculty Fellowship, 2009
Indiana University system competition for summer research funding
- Wayne County Career Day; Scientific presenter 2008
- Leaps N Bounds Agility Center; 1999- 2008
- Pug Dog Club of Greater San Antonio; 2001- present
Microbiology (lecture & laboratory), Biochemical Genetics, Genetics