Associate Professor of Economics and Finance
Hayes Hall 255V
- Ph.D., Economics, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2006
- M.B.A., International Management, Baldwin-Wallace University, 2002
- B.A., Trade and Economics, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Chengdu, China, 2000
Current Teaching Interests
Managerial Economics, International Economics, Money and Banking
Current Scholarly/Research Interests
International Economics, Regional Economic Development, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Selected Recent Publications
- Zhong, L. (forthcoming). Innovation as determinants of economic growth in U.S. counties. Journal of Applied Business and Economics.
- Cheung, O.L., & Zhong, L., (forthcoming). Chapter 15: Using simulation games to engage students in online advanced finance courses. In Best Practices in Online Teaching and Learning across Academic Disciplines. Editor: Ross C. Alexander, Ph.D. George Mason University Press.
- Zhong, L. (2017). Online teaching effectiveness with instructor-made video tutorials: A case of using Explain Everything™, Business Education Innovation Journal, 9(1), 35-42.
- Zhong, L. (2016). Metropolitan spillover effects and economic growth of non-metropolitan areas: Evidence from Indiana Counties. International Journal of Regional Development, 3(2), 107. http://dx.doi.org/10.5296/ijrd.v3i2.9938
- Zhong, L., Wu, B., & Ding, R. (2014). The change and determinants of urban production efficiency: Evidence from Chinese cities. Journal of International Finance and Economics, 14(1), 102-113. http://dx.doi.org/10.18374/JIFE-14-1.7
- Wang, Z., Singh, M., Jia, Y., & Zhong. L. (2014). Financing costs: Does the degree of internationalization matter? Journal of Academy of Business and Economics, 14(1), 103-114. http://dx.doi.org/10.18374/JABE-14-1.11
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Assistant Professor of Economics and Finance, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri, 2007 – 2012
- Graduate Instructor (Full teaching responsibility), Department of Economics, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, August 2004 – December 2006
- Editorial Board Member for Journal of Finance and Economics
- IU East Teaching Award for New Faculty, 2016
- Best Paper Award, Academy of Business Research, 2016
- IU East Summer Faculty Fellowship, 2015