Linsay M. Cramer, PhD
- Doctor of Philosophy in Media and Communication. Bowling Green State University
- Master of Arts in Communication Studies. Western Michigan University
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communication and Comparative Religion. Western Michigan University
Current Scholarly/Research Interests
- Critical rhetorical approaches to the analysis of intercultural communication and whiteness specifically in the areas of media, sport, and pedagogy.
- Cramer, L. M. (forthcoming). Cam Newton and Russell Westbrook’s symbolic resistance to whiteness in the NFL and NBA. Howard Journal of Communications.
- Cramer, L. M. (2016). The whitening of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. Communication Studies, 67(4), 474-487. doi:10.1080/10510974.2016.1205640.
- González, A., & Cramer, L. M. (2016). Building toward inclusion: A response to forum essays. Communication Education, 65(1), 125-127. doi:10.1080/03634523.2015.1110606
- Cramer, L. M. (2015). Teaching the foundations of media literacy in the basic communication course. The Forensic, 100, 13-32.
Grants, Awards, and Honors
- Charles E. Shanklin Award. Graduate College, Bowling Green State University. (2017). (A distinction selected by a faculty awards committee for graduate student academic research). $1200 award.
- Excellence in Graduate Student Teaching Award. School of Media and Communication, Bowling Green State University. (2016). (A distinction selected by the School of Media and Communication graduate faculty for a graduate student demonstrating excellence in graduate student teaching). $100 award.
- Top Debut Paper Award. Past Officer’s Top Debut Paper. Central States Communication Association. (2016). (A distinction for the highest rated, single authored papers by graduate students who are presenting for the first time at CSCA). $150 award.
- Harold and Elaine Fisher School of Media and Communication Graduate Award. School of Media and Communication, Bowling Green State University. (2015). (A distinction selected by the School of Media and Communication graduate faculty for the top graduate student solo authored paper published in the 2014-2015 academic year). $400 award.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Graduate Teaching & Research Assistant, Bowling Green State University, School of Media and Communication, Bowling Green, OH. 2013-2017.
- Adjunct Instructor, Delta College, Humanities Division, Saginaw, MI. 2009-2013.
- Development Director, YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region, Bay City, MI. 2011-2013.
- Teaching Assistant, Christian Von Mannlich Gymnasium (Grades 5-11), Homburg, Germany. 2010-2011.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Western Michigan University, School of Communication, Kalamazoo, MI. 2007-2008.