Lisa K. Steiner
Lecturer, School of Social Work
Tom Raper Hall 156
- Master of Social Work, Indiana University School of Social Work (IUPUI), 2003
- B.S. Behavioral and Social Sciences (Sociology Concentration), Indiana University East, 1995
- Certificate in Drug and Alcohol Studies, Indiana University East, 1994
Current Professional Interests
Rural Social Work, Chemical Dependency Recovery, Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- “Using On-site Mental Health Consultation to Impact Outcomes at Head Start”. Co-Presented at the 29th Annual BPD Conference, The Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors, Portland, Oregon, March 17, 2012.
- “On-Site Mental Health Services at a Head Start Program Impacts Services”. Co-Presented at the 2011 Professional Education Conference, NASW, Indiana Chapter, October 3, 2011.
- “Running with the Squad: A Creative Role for Rural Social Workers”. Presented at the 35th Annual National Institute on Social Work & Human Services in Rural Areas, Presque Isle, Maine July 14-17, 2010.
Previous Employment Positions
- Visiting Lecturer—School of Social Work, IU East/IUPUI 2008-2011 (Adjunct instructor 2004-2008)
- Master Level Therapist, Adult Outpatient & Recovery Services –Area CMHCs & private practice 2003-2010
- Counselor/ Lifeskills Educator --St. Michael School and Parish, Brookville, Indiana 1999-2003
Professional Licenses, Memberships
- Indiana Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) ; Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW)
- Indiana Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor, (LCAC); Master Addiction Counselor, (MAC)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- National Association of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counselors (NAADAC)
- Indiana Association for Addiction Professionals (IAAP), Board of Directors (Secretary, 2011-2013)