Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs/Dean of Students
Associate Professor of Biology
Whitewater Hall 101D
- Ph.D., Biology, University of Kentucky, 1994
- M.S., Biology, University of Kentucky, 1987
- B.S. Biology, University of Kentucky, 1982
Current Research Interests
Assessment and Retention
- 2008. Comprehensive Assessment: First Steps. The Higher Learning Commission annual meeting, Chicago, IL.
- 2006. Interactive Microbiology Laboratory: Using Technology to Meet Students Needs. AT&T Leadership Forum, Indianapolis, IN.
- 2004. Creation of an Office of Community-Based and Applied Research at Indiana University East. Council on Undergraduate Research Conference, La Crosse WI.
- 2001. Use of mag-fura-2 fluorescent stain to identify divalent cation accumulation in Pilobolus. Indiana Academy of Science.
- 2000. The stimulation of Pilobolus spore germination after exposure to broad band UV-B wavelengths. International Congress on Photobiology, San Francisco, CA.
Selected Previous Employment Positions:
- Chair, Natural Science and Math Division, Indiana University East, 2001-2004
- Assistant Professor of Biology, Northwest College, 1991-1997
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Chancellor’s Honor, 2005
- SBC Fellow Award, 2003