Indiana University East School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Simulation Coordinator, Nursing Lecturer, Clinical Lead and Clinical Instructor
Hayes Hall 214
- Doctoral of Nursing Practice: Nursing, Indiana State University - Anticipated Date, May 2018
- Master of Science: Nursing Education, Indiana University East - May 2015
- Bachelor of Science: Nursing, Indiana Wesleyan University - May 2012
- Associate of Science: Nursing, Purdue University - May 1992
Certified Nurse Educator - 2016
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Instructor; Indiana; American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support Instructor; Indiana; American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor; Indiana; American Heart Association
- Simulation, Restorative Health, Leadership and Management.
- Through an active and engaging simulation program students receive a medium in which growth and development of new and innovative learning techniques can be achieved and successful futures prosper.
- Simulation is an ever evolving mechanism of instructional methodologies. Currently developing a leveling mock code blue simulation program to facilitate student transition from academia into practice.
- Construction of program leveled in-class simulation modules for nursing curriculum to bridge the gap between classroom and clinical simulation.
Previous Employment Positions
- Reid Health - Simulation Coordinator and Clinical Educator
- Reid Health - Emergency Services Staff RN
Offices Held in National/International Professional Organizations
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL) - 2014
- Webinar Committee Member - since 2014
Academic Awards, Grants, and Recognitions
- Indiana University East, Faculty Research Grant - Spring 2017
- EI-AHEC, IPE Grant - Fall 2016
- EI-AHEC, ACLS Grant - Spring 2016
- INACSL-CAE Healthcare Simulation Fellowship - Spring 2016