Deborah Miller, Ph.D., HSPP
Department of Psychology
Tom Raper Hall 238
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, Ball State University, 2015
- M.A., Counseling, Ball State University, 2010
- B.S., Creative Writing, Ball State University, 2002
Current Teaching Interests
- Abnormal psychology, general psychology, relationships, counseling
Current Research Interests
- Masculinity, LGBT issues, fatherhood, clinical judgment
Journal Articles (peer-reviewed)
- Spengler, P. S., Miller, D. J., & Spengler, E. S. (in press). Psychological masquerade embedded in a cluster of related clinical errors: Real practice, real solutions, and their scientific underpinnings. Psychotherapy.
- Spengler, E. S., Miller, D. J., & Spengler, P. S. (in press). Microaggressions: Clinical errors with sexual minority clients. Psychotherapy.
- Miller, D., & Kim, J. H. (2016). Character strengths and virtues in relation to well-being in gay and lesbian individuals. Mental Health in Family Medicine, 12, 156-160.
- Miller, D., Spengler, E., & Spengler, P. S. (2015). A meta-analysis of the relationship of confidence to judgment accuracy. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 62(4), 553-567.
- Kim, J. H., Berven, N. L., Chan, F., Gonzalez, R., Miller, D., & Keck, P. (2011). Virtues in relation to subjective well-being for people with chronic illness and disability. Journal of Asian Pacific Counseling, 1, 61-76.
- Kim, J. H., Keck, P., Miller, D., & Gonzalez, R. (2012). Introduction to positive psychology: Overview and controversies. Journal of Asian Pacific Counseling, 2, 45-60.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Licensed Psychologist and Health Service Provider in Psychology (HSPP), Psychological Assessment and Consulting, 2014 – Current
- Instructor, Department of Counseling Psychology, Ball State University, 2015
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Psychology, Ivy Tech Community College, 2014-15
Selected Professional Activies
- Member: American Psychological Association - Current
- Division 17 (Counseling Psychology)
- Division 44 (LGBT)
- Division 51 (Men and Masculinity)
- Member: Indiana Psychological Association - Current
- Web Editor: APA Division 44 Web Editor, 2011 - 2013