Paula Kerler Baumann
Indiana University East School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Assistant Professor in Nursing
Hayes Hall 209
- Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, Indiana. Ph.D., Nursing. 2011
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana. Masters in Business Administration (Entrepreneurship). 2003
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. Bachelor of Science in Nursing. 1995
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. Associate of Science in Nursing. 1994
Current Research Interests
Nurse innovation, nurse leadership, and innovative teaching strategies
- Baumann, P., Breymier, T., & Clark, K. (2017). Meeting QSEN competencies in the online environment. In Alexander, R.C. (Ed.), Best Practices in Online Teaching and Learning Across Academic Disciplines (268-287). Fairfax, VA: George Mason University Press.
- Baumann, P. & Scales, T. (2016). Ten: Technology, Entrepreneurship and Nursing: Ten innovative teaching strategies. Podium presentation, International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education. Nashville, TN, 2016
- Wierzbinski-Cross, H., Ward, K. & Baumann, P. (2015). Nurses' Perceptions of Nurse Residency: Identifying Barriers to Implementation, Journal for Nurses in Professional Development, 31(1), 15-20. doi: 10.1097/NND.0000000000000100
- Baumann, P. (2008). The Lived Experience of Nurse Entrepreneurs. Completed, 2008
- Baumann, P. (2007). Unlocking your creativity. Nurse Entrepreneurship Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Baumann, P. (2003). Nursing in Uncertain Times: The Role of Entrepreneurship. Quest for Excellence Conference. Columbus, OH.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, RN, Home Care and Consultant/Instructor, Education Department.
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Best Paper, Academy of Business Research, The Health of It, 2017.
- Presentation Excellence Award, International Conference on Learning and Administration in Higher Education, 2016
- Helen Lees Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015.
- NLN Constituent League Award for innovations in member programming, 2015
- FACET induction, 2013
- Chancellor’s Honor, 2006