Sue Annette McFadden
Associate Librarian for Emerging Technologies
Liaison: School of Nursing, School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and Informatics
IUScholarWorks Coordinator for IU East
Hayes Hall 232, Campus Library, IU East
- M.L.S., Library & Information Science, Indiana University 1994
- B.S. Secondary Education, Indiana University, 1989
Current Research Interests
Social informatics, User activities, Social web tools and libraries, PIM-Personal Information Management and libraries, Digital Literacy, Modules & Badges.
- Baldwin, L. and McFadden, S. (2013) Assessment - LibGuides and Google Analytics: Using statistical gathering tools to determine effectiveness and accountability. In A.W. Dobbs, R. L. Sittler, and D. Cook (Eds.), Using LibGuides to enhance library services: A LITA guide. (191-219). Chicago: American Library Association.
- Clements, H. and McFadden, S. "NATIVE AMERICAN RESOURCES-Review of Native American Archives." ANSS Currents. n.p., Fall 2012. Web. 18 October 2012.See: http://anssacrl.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/anss-currents-fall-2012.pdf
- Committee, RUSA CODES History Section Historical Materials. (2015). Sponsored by RUSA Committees: Best historical materials 2014. Reference & User Services Quarterly, 54(3) Specific content abstract: The Roaring Twenties http://vectorsdev.usc.edu/NYCsound/777b.html
- McFadden, S.A. and Baldwin, L.K., IL-Colloquium, Kokomo, IN. Inside the Frames: Process and Personal Information Management (PIM), August 7, 2015. Co-Presenter. http://iue.libguides.com/infomgtmode
- McFadden, S.A., Role Registrar & Moderator. RUSA Webinar Engaging the Community Around Digital Archiving: June 2, 2015 Online Webinar. Part of committee work. See RUSA-History Section-Webinar. http://iue.libguides.com/HSwebinar
- McFadden, S.A. and Baldwin, L.K., Oh No! Not a new CMS! Surviving Canvas: Tips from an early adopter. Librarian’s Day, Indiana University. Indianapolis, IN. June 2014.
- DLS Conference-Panel Presentation: Imagine, Create, And Experience: IL Credit Course for Distance Student Learning, April, 2014, In collaboration with 4 other librarians in college or university libraries across the nation.
Selected Poster Sessions
- McFadden, S.A. and Baldwin, L.K., (2016) "Gaining P’interst: Academic Images Reimagined.” American Library Association National Conference, Orland, FL
- McFadden, S.A. and Baldwin, L.K. (2016) "STEM-Undergraduate Understanding of PIM (Personal Information Management).” American Library Association National Conference, Orland 2016
- Baldwin, L.K., and McFadden, S.A. (2016) "Exploring Information Ethics with Undergraduate STEM Students” American Library Association National Conference, Orland 2016
- McFadden, S.A. and Baldwin, L.K (2013) PINTEREST-Pinning-E-Books and Beyond. Librarian’s Day Indiana University. Indianapolis, IN.
- McFadden, S.A. and Baldwin, L.K (2012) Assessment- Using Digital Tools to Provide Assessment Information. Librarian’s Day-Indiana University. Indianapolis, IN.
For full CV see: Sue McFadden's CV on Box